The official hotel is the Doubletree by Hilton, 5801 Southfield Expressway, Detroit Michigan USA 48228
Online Reservation Link: http://doubletree.hilton.com/2018WYC
|Hotel||Doubletree by Hilton|
|Distance to city center||19 kilometers|
|Distance to the airport||21 kilometers|
|Distance to Bowling Center||9 kilometers|
|Address||5801 Southfield Expressway
|Mimi Sion: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Single rooms||$139.00 for single occupancy + local tax|
|Double rooms – one king or two double beds||$139.00 for double occupancy (2 people) + local tax|
All fees are expressed in USD.
Room rates are inclusive of breakfast and wireless internet free of charge.
Additional local tax shall be charged at the then-current government rate, which is 15.00% at this time.
All hotel reservations must be made directly to Doubletree by Hilton.
Event Shuttle Schedule
- Tuesday, July 24
- 12:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- Wednesday, July 25
- 8:30 AM – 8:30 PM
- Thursday, July 26
- 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM
- Friday, July 27
- 7:30 AM – 6:30 PM
- Saturday, July 28
- 7:30 AM – 7:00 PM
- Sunday, July 29
- 7:30 AM – 6:30 PM
- Monday, July 30
- 7:30 AM – 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, July 31
- 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Wednesday, August 1
- 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Thursday, August 2
- 7:30 AM – 7:30 PM
- Friday, August 3
- 7:30 AM – 4:45 PM
Event Shuttle Details: There will be three (3) motor coaches running for the event shuttle. The event shuttle will run every 30 minutes, leaving the DoubleTree Dearborn at :00 and :30 every hour. The shuttle will leave Thunderbowl Lanes at :20 and :50 every hour. For questions or issues with the shuttle, please contact 313-590-2248.
Victory Banquet Shuttles
- Pick-ups at the DoubleTree Dearborn will begin at 4:00 PM and will continue on a loop.
- The last pick-up at the DoubleTree Dearborn will be 5:00 PM.
- Victory Banquet will begin at 5:30 PM.
- Departures after the banquet has concluded to return to the hotel will start at 9:30 PM and will continue on a loop.
- The last pick-up at The Henry Ford will be at 10:30 PM.
- There will be three (3) buses running for this shuttle.
Tiger Game Shuttle
- The shuttle will depart the DoubleTree Dearborn at 5:30 PM.
- The shuttles will depart 45 minutes after the game has concluded.
- Tickets and transportation for the game can be purchased online at the bowling center from Tuesday, July 24 to Thursday, July 26.
Official Bowling Center: Thunderbowl Lanes
|Distance to the airport||15 kilometers|
|Distance to the City||17 kilometers|
|Address||4200 Allen Road
Allen Park Michigan USA 48101
|Phone||+1 313 888 3322|
|Number of lanes||54|
|Lane approach||Brunswick Pro Lane|
|Lane surface||Brunswick Pro Lane|
|Pin decks||Brunswick anti-skid|
|Pin spotters||AMF 82/70|
|Scoring system||Brunswick Frameworx|
|Dressing equipment||Kegel Flex|
|Lane conditioner||Kegel Fire/Ice|
|Lane cleaner||Kegel Defense – C|
Lane Pattern and Map Guide
Various Facilities and Services
One meeting room will be used for the press. Space will be provided for approximately 40 press officials.
All press officials will be connected through a wireless network to access the internet at no cost. Press officials are expected bring their own laptops. A printer will be available.
Sufficient space for press conferences will be provided after the conclusion of each discipline and/or when necessary.
The latest technology will be in use both for the press officials and for accumulation and presentation of scores and standings. Scores will be shown in the venue on appropriate display units. Online results will be available as well.
All delegations of the championships staying in the host hotel will be met in the Detroit International Airport. Similar service will be provided for departures. Similar service on a scheduled basis will be available between the host hotel and Thunderbowl Lanes.
Ball Park in the bowling center will be used to store the equipment. A secure system for storage will be in place. There will be an easy and short distance from Ball Park to the lanes.
The banquet will be held on August 3 in the evening at the Henry Ford Museum. Transportation from the official hotel will be provided for all registered members of delegations.
As of January 1, 2016 only one pattern will be used for all disciplines in the championship. The lane pattern Bank will be announced latest 25 April, 2018. The selected pattern within that Bank will be announced at the Team Managers meeting July 25, 2017.
Team Manager designation
During the Championships the registration of Line up for each discipline must be done online. You must nominate at least one of your officials as Team Manager in Form E because our system will create a Password to the Team Manager. If you want anyone else to do the Line-up registration you can of course share the login information with that person in your team.
WYC 2018 Entry Fee
The WYC 2018 entry fee is USD 300.
This fee is payable for all delegations, including players, coaches, managers, head of delegations and other officials connected to each team.
WYC 2018 Supporters Fee
The WYC 2018 Supporter fee is USD 175.
Included in the Supporter fee is:
- transportation to/from Detroit International Airport to the official hotel
- transportation to/from official hotel – bowling center
- Victory banquet
- entrance bowling center – there will be a daily entrance fee of $10 – $12 for the bowling center, only a limited capacity will be allowed at any one time – Registered Supporters will be assured of entry
- special gift
Prepayment of Fees
All fees must be prepaid and payment is to be received by WORLD BOWLING on or before June 15, 2018
It is preferred that payments are done by card. Payment instructions will be available on the World Bowling website, www.worldbowling.org
If you want to transfer to the WORLD BOWLING bank account contact the WYC office through email at 2018WYC@worldbowling.org
All bank costs must be paid by you.
Forms and Deadlines
Please pay attention to the following deadlines for WYC 2018.
- Latest May 15, 2018 – Sending “Entry Form A” advising if the federation will participate or not
- Latest June 15, 2018 – Pay the entry fees to WORLD BOWLING (see Chapter 5 in this Bulletin)
- Latest July 5, 2018 – Sending “Form B” to make room reservations directly to the hotel.
- Latest July 5, 2018
- Send Form C Room List with Names
- Send Form D Arrival and Departure
- Send Form E Names in Delegation/Registration for Administrative System
- Send Form F Registered Supporters and Press Accreditation
2018 WYC Bulletin 1 (PDF)
2018 WYC Form A to F (DOCX)
For questions about the championship, contact the WYC 2018 office at 2018WYC@worldbowling.org.
For all questions about room reservations, please contact the Host Hotel.